Kirsty needed a place to live with her daughter and decided a tiny house would be the perfect, affordable fit for them. While there were a lot of ups and downs in terms of getting the house from the builder, they were able to get an incredible parking spot in a small community with other like-minded families! Did I mention there’s an orchard on-site?
The home has two lofts — one for Kirsty and one for her daughter — and you reach them via safe staircases that also offer storage. The huge kitchen maximizes counter space and makes homemade meals easy! On the other side of the house, you’ll find a U-shaped dinette area that they use to welcome friends for dinner every week. What do you think of this space?
Don’t miss other interesting homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Their Professionally-Built THOW w/ Garden
There are two safe staircases to each bedroom and a huge kitchen space.
Her young daughter has her own beautiful room.
Kirsty has a King-sized bed in her loft bedroom!
VIDEO: Solo Mum’s Stunning Ultra Spacious Tiny Home
- During her divorce, Kirsty was looking for a place to live with her 4-year-old daughter and settled on a tiny house. She posted all over Facebook and found a great spot in a community where other parents and children are living simple lives on an orchard.
- Her home is extra wide and tall, and that makes a huge difference in how spacious it feels! It allows Kirsty to have a King-sized bed in her stand-up loft, and her daughter has a nice, spacious room as well.
- There’s a big U-shaped dining area downstairs where they welcome friends on Wednesday nights for dinner. Kirsty did all the soft finishes in the home herself (they bought the house itself from a builder).
- The big kitchen lets Kirsty and her daughter cook together. They love making fresh-squeezed lime juice from their orchard!
- Of course, they have a functional bathroom as well, with a shower stall. It’s pretty big for a tiny house!
- The Luna Tiny House on Wheels by Hauslein in Australia
- Their Off-grid Homestead Tiny House in France
- Adorable Tiny Cottage on Scenic Alpaca Farm
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2023 NOAH-Certified 28′ Double Loft Tiny Home - December 2, 2023
- Tree House Tiny House with 3 Standing Bedrooms! - December 2, 2023
- Safe and Sonder Van Life with Hanging Swing Chairs - December 2, 2023