Kat has been living tiny on and off for years! She and her ex moved into a tiny house together, had two kids in it, and were later divorced. While she kept that tiny house for a time, she eventually sold it and moved into an apartment. But she still wanted their own space! So she devised a plan to purchase land, get started on a large cabin, and build a tiny house for them to live in temporarily while the larger home is completed.
Below you can see that “temporary” tiny house, which she spent only $25,000 to complete! Incredible! While she has faced some difficulties with permitting and town lawns, her house is technically legal after paying $200 for an after-the-fact permit (which she didn’t think she needed until a neighbor complained). Get all the details in the video!
Don’t miss other interesting homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Only $25K Invested! Awesome Tiny House on Wheels
This awesome shelving helps her keep all the boys’ toys and clothing organized!
She only spent $250 on her kitchen cabinets.
VIDEO: Solo Mom Built This Affordable Tiny Home – $25k Invested
- Kat and her ex lived in a tiny house and had two children together before getting a divorce. She kept the tiny and lived in it for a while before deciding that she and the boys needed something bigger.
- She didn’t quite have the money for a “typical” home, so she purchased 3 acres of land where she built her current $25K tiny home while the big cabin is underway.
- Her mortgage on the land is only $350/month!
- Right now, they have an outdoor shower and composting toilet in the woods, but the big cabin will have “proper” plumbing etc.
- Single Mom & Young Daughter’s Tiny House Life
- Single Mom’s Bus Life after an Empty Nest
- Single Dad Raising Twin Sons in a Tiny Home
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Their Ultimate Overlanding Truck Camper - February 24, 2024
- Upgrading to a Detachable Truck Camping Bed for Adventure Travel - February 24, 2024
- His DIY Bamboo Van Conversion - February 24, 2024