Kevin and his ex-wife originally purchased this tiny home from Tiny Heirloom, so they could travel closer to extended family with their twin boys. At the time, the boys were only 2 years old, but now they’re eight!
While Kevin and the boys’ mom split up, Kevin settled the tiny house into a community in Durango where he works remotely in marketing. The boys have moved from cribs in the gooseneck to a fun treehouse loft bedroom. Enjoy the tour below!
- A single dad’s journey: Raising twin sons in a tiny home since they were 2, now aged 8.
- Creative transformation: From cribs to a treehouse loft, discover the boys’ evolving space.
- Thriving in a community: Settled in Durango, Kevin balances remote work and parenting with neighborhood support.
Don’t miss other amazing tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
From Traveling in a Tiny to Settling Down in a Community
The boys sleep in the cool upper loft.
Their dad is doing his best every day to raise the boys.
VIDEO: Single Dad Moves to Tiny House Community w/ Twin Sons
- Kevin, a single dad, lives with his twin sons in a tiny home since they were 2 years old. Now, the boys are eight years old.
- The tiny home was originally purchased to travel with extended family but is now settled in a Durango community.
- Kevin works remotely in marketing, which allows him to spend more time with his sons.
- The boys’ bedroom has evolved from cribs in the gooseneck area to a playful treehouse loft.
- The tiny home community in Durango provides a supportive environment for Kevin and his sons.
- Kevin’s creative solutions have turned the tiny home into a kid-friendly space that fosters imagination and growth.
- The strong sense of community in the neighborhood contributes to the boys’ development and happiness.
- The story reflects how a single dad’s determination, love, and adaptability can create a fulfilling life for his family in a tiny home.
- Follow the dad on Instagram
- Tiny Heirloom (Builder)
- Island Cove Tiny House Community
- Subscribe to Tiny House Giant Journey on YouTube
- Family with Twins Build $20k Tiny Home in Alaska
- Twin Sisters Building School Bus Conversions
- Twinning in Their 5th Wheel: Family of Four’s Renovated RV Life!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses