Lizzie and Patrick are the proud builders and owners of The Timber Nest, their shepherds-hut-style tiny home that sits on a beautiful wooded patch of Lizzie’s parent’s backyard in England. After paying too much in rent for too long, the couple decided to move out of their basement apartment and create a gorgeous alternative living space.
During their rental days, Lizzie could only do her artwork part-time in order to pay the bills. Now, she is a full-time artist and Patrick works from home three days a week and in town two days. In order to give him a nice space to work, they created a cool DIY sitting-to-standing desk on pulleys. The monitor doubles as their entertainment center. Enjoy the tour below!
Don’t miss other interesting homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Their Tiny Life Allows Wife to be Full-Time Artist
Their cozy living space is beneath the loft bedroom.
The table can flip out to fit six!
They created an L-shaped countertop to clearly define the kitchen space.
VIDEO: For the Cost of a Year’s London Rent, They Built This Amazing Tiny House!
- Lizzie and Patrick designed and built their entire tiny house. They rented a local barn, so they had a waterproof spot to build.
- Each of them took a month off of work to get started on the build and then finished it up on nights and weekends.
- The tiny house cost about a year’s worth of rent in London, and got them out of a dingy basement apartment!
- Going tiny has allowed Lizzie, an incredible artist, to do her artwork full-time instead of fitting it in around part-time work.
- They chose the arched ceiling in order to allow maximum headspace in their cozy loft bedroom. They have a large window that looks out on the pasture surrounding the home.
- The bathroom is pretty much exactly the width of their standard shower pan, and they have a DIY composting toilet for waste.
- Follow them on Instagram
- Follow Lizzie’s artwork on Instagram
- Subscribe to Living Big in a Tiny House on YouTube
- Evelyne’s Charming Shepherd’s Hut in France
- Tiny Cobblers Cottage in Lincolnshire, England
- Family Chooses DIY House & Off-Grid Life
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2023 NOAH-Certified 28′ Double Loft Tiny Home - December 2, 2023
- Tree House Tiny House with 3 Standing Bedrooms! - December 2, 2023
- Safe and Sonder Van Life with Hanging Swing Chairs - December 2, 2023