This is Jason (he goes by “Happy”) and his “Overlandbulance” — a converted ambulance with a 4×4 kit designed to go wherever Happy wants to!
After an injury forced him to retire from firefighting — his dream job — Happy had to figure out where to go from that point. Others encouraged him to do whatever he wanted, and eventually he took the plunge and purchased an ambulance at auction for $11,000.
Inside his rig you’ll find a peel-and-stick subway tile backplash, cedar plank roofing, and tons of garage space. I appreciate how honest Happy is about the challenges of #vanlife in his interview with Tiny Home Tours (posted below).
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
He Converted an Ambulance into a 4×4 Exploration Rig
While he plans to paint the exterior eventually, it’s currently firefighter red.
He kept the cab (and a lot of the wiring) original to the ambulance.
VIDEO: Off Grid Overland Ambulance Tiny House
- Jake’s Japanese Ambulance Bus Conversion w/ Fold-Down Stage
- He Turned A 4×4 Ambulance Into A Custom Off-Road Motorhome
- Bryce Langston’s North American tiny house on wheels: The Campulance ambulance conversion!
Our big thanks to Allison of Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Remodeled Spaceship Cabin on 28 Acres - January 18, 2022
- Romantic Clear-Roof Cabin with Chandelier & Swing Bed - January 17, 2022
- Airstream to 800 Sq. Ft. 1953 Bungalow Life - January 17, 2022