This “Sweet Haus” is 399-square-foot park model that Ann Marie and her family placed on 35 acres on the Colorado tundra! Dubbed “Tiny on the Tundra,” it was a perfect solution to the lack of affordable rentals in their town. They had the park model shipped from South Carolina and then later built a large utility garage for all their snow equipment.
Enjoy the tour of their space, and Ann Marie’s commentary, below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Colorado Park Model w/ Giant Garage
This tiny little gem, named “Tiny on the Tundra”, is a 399 square foot park model built by Sweet-Haus Cabins in Chesnee, South Carolina.
TOTT is located in Northwestern Colorado, close to skiing, hiking, biking and fishing.
We were inspired to move up here to be close to family and with housing shortages and no homes for rent in our little town, we took things into our own hands.
We bought 35 acres, found this adorable cabin and had it shipped out here last summer.
We definitely need storage for snow removal equipment, our little mini and a small camper, so the 1000 square foot garage was planned to keep our outdoor stuff covered.
The house has a king-size built-in bed with additional built-in cabinets.
There is a sleeping loft which houses a 6’5″ college student once in a while.
There are also five dogs that live TOTT with its owners, two of them decided to stay for the photos.
The bathroom has a full shower and tub with an incinerating toilet.
The apartment size appliances complement the space and the washer and dryer hide nicely behind the closet in the living space.
We have built a second porch area, a stone patio and a fenced enclosure to corral the pups.
With warm summers and very chilly winters, this tiny home weathers all the storms and provides a simple life on the tundra.
The Mini Rover is for sale! Anyone can contact me through @tinyonthetundra
What do you think of their set-up?
- This is a 400-square foot home on 35 acres in Colorado.
- It gave Ann Marie and her family a place to live since there was little traditional housing available in the area.
- The 1000-square-foot red barn houses their snow-removal gear and winter toys.
- The tiny house has a King-sized first floor bedroom.
- They have a front porch for relaxing, and a fenced-in side yard for their dogs.
- Follow Ann Marie on Instagram
- Tiny’s Builder: Sweet Haus Cabins
- Big Red Garage Builder: Morton Buildings
- Sol Haus: Magical 140 Sq. Ft. Tiny House Plans
- Carriage Haus Tiny Houses by Liberation Tiny Homes
- Plāhaus: Modern Tiny House With Two Bedrooms
Our big thanks to Ann Marie for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses