I love seeing what people can do with little-to-no experience and a tight budget! Young couple Jason and Taylor spent just $15,000 creating their awesome skoolie home, and neither of them had much of any building experience.
Taylor admits Jason did most of the build himself, and wow he did a great job! YouTube tutorials and lots of research helped through each step of the way, and the finished product is a bright and airy home.
While they’ve lived stationary in the bus for about a year, they hit the road a couple months ago to travel. Get all the details about their build from the Tiny Home Tours interview below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
You Don’t Need a Lot of Experience To Build a Great Skoolie!
Jason and Taylor love their build-it-as-you-go skoolie
They went with a simple grey sofa so they could add color as they want.
They used reclaimed cabinets and butcher block from Lowes.
A $15 paint sprayer helped them change the color of the bus.
VIDEO: Young Couples’ DIY BUs Conversion Tiny House: $15k Budget
- Digital Nomad’s 2003 Ford E450 School Bus Conversion
- The Olive Bus, A Double Decker Bus Cottage in England
- The BHive Family of 6 And Their Epic Skoolie
Our big thanks to Allison of Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 16-ft. Assembly-line Tiny House for $20k by Incredible Tiny Homes - December 8, 2021
- Cozy, Light-filled & Airy Truform Tiny Home For Sale - December 7, 2021
- Off-Grid ‘Chloe CABN’ Tiny House in Barossa Valley, Australia - December 7, 2021