Heidi and Mike are an incredible couple who got the wild idea to build a tiny house from a semi-truck trailer! Since they had no prior building experience, the idea of simply cutting out windows and doors rather than framing a whole structure was attractive to them. That said, when you see the interior, you’ll be floored at what they learned to produce this caliber of a tiny home.
They actually started off living in tents while building the semi, but then the windy season made that miserable, so they purchased another unfinished trailer just to keep them out of the elements. Eventually, it will become a guest area! For now, they live in the main semi with a convertible bedroom, tons of under-floor storage, and a beautiful spa-like bathroom. Let us know what you love most in the comments!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Wait Until You See the Bathroom — And Cantilevered Bed!
You walk into their cozy living room area, which is lower than kitchen.
They borrowed a lot of inspiration from Moroccan architecture.
The bed lifts to reveal a table!
VIDEO: This Luxury Tiny House Was Built Inside A Semi-Trailer!
- Heidi and Mike chose a semi truck trailer because it gave them the frame of a home (inexpensively!) which was helpful with their limited building experience.
- Mike installed a trash and recycling chute that goes directly into the big bins outdoors that you take to the street on trash day! No emptying cans every couple of days. Brilliant!
- The bathroom has no doors, but clever partitions that keep the shower and toilet and vanity separate.
- In the bedroom, their bed is cantilevered, allowing them to push it up into the ceiling when guests come over so they can sit around an expanding table below.
- The kitchen is higher than the rest of the home so they could put oodles of storage underneath the floor itself!
- Her Stealthy and Affordable Box Truck Home Built for $8.5K
- The Wander Box Reveal 2nd Box Truck Build
- 19-Year-Old Builds Budget Box Truck Tiny Home
Our big thanks to Bryce for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Their Ultimate Overlanding Truck Camper - February 24, 2024
- Upgrading to a Detachable Truck Camping Bed for Adventure Travel - February 24, 2024
- His DIY Bamboo Van Conversion - February 24, 2024