Wess had the travel bug as a young adult but chose parenthood first. When his boys were getting older, he decided to think about tiny living/travel again and that’s when he stumbled across the school bus that he bought to turn into a house (before they were really Instagram-popular). As a metalworker, he had the skills necessary to build a school bus just how he wanted — and he did!
He spent three years on the road traveling in his conversion before settling in Witchita where he does metalwork for other people’s rigs. His home includes an awesome collection of found-item artwork, a mosaic tub, and tons of beautiful woodworking. Enjoy the tour!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Impressive Hand-Built Skoolie For Solo Traveler
His large wood stove heats the place up quickly!
Right now he’s mostly stationary after traveling for three years.
Lots of solar power on the roof!
VIDEO: DIY Raised Roof Skoolie
- Had an uncle who traveled the world
- Wanted to do the same after high school
- Ended up having two kids and doing family life
- Once they were teens, thought about traveling again
- In 2012, bought the first school bus he found
- Started building it out
- Roof Raise
- Awesome “Found Object” artwork
- Bed over tool case
- Mosaic shower and Nature’s Head Composting Toilet
- She Used a Boat to Raise Her Bus Roof!
- Liesl and Stu’s Artistic Bus Build with Trapdoor Shower & Cajon Toilet
- Short School Bus With Raised Roof
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Couple’s Bus Conversion Built To Fit A Growing Family - May 23, 2022
- Viking 2 Tiny House on Wheels by Voyager Houses - May 21, 2022
- Built his first Tiny House for $13k - May 20, 2022