Sarah had been dreaming of a nomadic lifestyle since she was 14-years-old, but it took crashing her beloved JEEP to push her into making it a reality. With the insurance money from the accident, she was able to get a jumpstart on her school bus conversion.
Originally she thought of dealing with the lower bus height, but then had the brilliant idea to attach a boat to the roof in order to give her space. A lot of putty and FlexSeal later and her “Adobe Casita” tiny home was really coming together! Enjoy getting to meet her in the tour below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Fulfilling Her 14-Year-Old Self’s Nomadic Living Dreams
She made room for her record player and thrifted records.
You can see her awesome boat roof here!
VIDEO: Incredibly Unique Roof Raise Using a Jon Boat
- Her dream since she was 14 was to live nomadically
- She envisioned a van, but ended up with the bus
- After crashing her vehicle, she used the insurance money to pour into her bus
- She learned a lot being alone!
- Brought her record and record players
- Loves chopping wood for mini-stove
- Bucket toilet system in closet
- Peel and stick Mediterranean tile backsplash
- The Bibia Bus: DIY Short Bus Conversion w/ Shower
- From High Maintenance to Minimalism: Short Bus Life
- Short School Bus With Raised Roof
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Her Stealthy and Affordable Box Truck Home Built for $8.5K - September 21, 2023
- Tiny Stone Cellar Cottage in France - September 20, 2023
- Funky Guitar Tiny House in Romania with Mountaintop Views - September 20, 2023