Caleb hated paying for rent, so he started saving up for a school bus conversion. He found his rig for $3K on Facebook Marketplace, and used the remaining $7k on renovations. You would never believe he spent so little! This has to be one of the most gorgeous skoolies I’ve seen, and it strays from the norm with it’s innovative layout.
He (@roamerbus) is currently a architecture Master’s student, and he put his training into action when creating his floor plan — you walk right into the kitchen (complete with semi-truck-bed countertops), and then move back through an eating area with a hidden keyboard and a huge closet, and finally to the open living and bedroom area.
In the very back, Caleb tucked his toilet and shower (which he is still waiting on funds to complete). I can’t say enough good things about his design, so check out the video tour with Tiny Home Tours below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Gorgeous Budget Bus Conversion with Industrial Design
Love the way he did the flooring down there.
Because Caleb is taller, he added this cut out in the roof for more space.
He has the keyboard under his table and then there’s the huge closet.
The living room and bedroom flow seamlessly together.
That copper piping is actually PVC!
VIDEO: Architecture Student & His Gorgeous DIY School Bus Conversion
- Kitchen with stove and electric cooktop
- Uses Airfryer and Instant pot for most meals
- Apartment-sized refrigerator
- Giant closet
- Hidden keyboard
- Bathroom in back of bus
- Just $10k for bus and conversion costs
- From 2,200 Sq. Ft. to 30 Ft. Beverly the Bus!
- They Turned An Old School Bus Into A Dreamy 250-sq.-ft. Motorhome
- Big Sky Bus on 8 Acre Homestead!
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Nomad Settles Down to Tiny House Village in Austin - January 22, 2022
- Traditional ‘Trullo’ Home in Italy With Stone-Coned Roof! - January 22, 2022
- Round, Two-Bedroom ‘Ula’ Cottage in Kenya - January 21, 2022