“We’re living small. But we’re living big!” That’s what Phyllis says about her life with her husband Steve in their 2003 International Bus. Less square footage — and wheels — have allowed the almost-retired couple to travel the country and meet all kinds of people.
They prioritized an open concept inside their bus, eventually even getting rid of the step-down shower to make room for storage. Two expansive countertops run alongside the interior of the bus, just past the living area all the way to their queen-sized bed. And the 12-inch roof raise allows for headroom and nearly 5 inches of insulation. What do you think?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Retired Couple Loves Meeting People on the Road
They have plenty of seating for themselves and guests inside.
They chose a Floridian “beach” theme inside.
VIDEO: Retired into a 28 ft. DIY Raised Roof Skoolie
- Empty Nester’s Little Homie Skoolie Conversion
- Retired Military Couple’s RV Life
- Retired Couple’s Tiny Life on a Catamaran: From Croatia Around the World
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- His Modular Van Conversion And How To Build Your Own - February 7, 2023
- $6,000 Micro A-frame Cabin in NH - February 7, 2023
- A New Beginning in Their Mold-Free Tiny Home - February 7, 2023