After going through a big breakup, Rebecca had to live with her sister in a room without windows for a time. She says that was good practice for tiny living and solidified her resolve to have her own tiny space someday. With the housing prices in New Zealand at well over $780K, she saved a lot of money, even though she spent $250K NZD (~$147K USD) on her home.
Her son has a lovely first-floor bedroom with plenty of space for his clothing and toys, while she has a loft bedroom adjacent to her separate loft office space where she can work from home. There’s a great U-shaped kitchen, a large living room, and lots of hidden storage spots! Enjoy the incredible tour below.
Don’t miss other interesting homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Mother & Son in Two-Bedroom Tiny Home
Look at how large the living room feels with those tall ceilings!
There are two doors and a beautiful U-shaped kitchen.
VIDEO: Solo Mom’s Custom Designed Tiny House
- Rebecca went through a rough breakup and ended up at her sister’s house, staying in a small bedroom with no windows.
- She got accustomed to living tiny in that space and was inspired to get her own tiny house.
- Her son has his own bedroom on the first floor, with a really cool space mural and glowing moonlight! He has plenty of room for all his toys and clothes.
- The U-shaped kitchen has apartment-sized appliances, including a dishwasher under the oven! Pretty neat.
- In her very PINK bathroom, there’s a residential toilet and a walk-in shower stall.
- Upstairs she has her bedroom, as well as a separate office area where she can sit and work from home.
- Follow her business, Ready Decks, on Instagram
- Check out her website
- Follow Ready Deck Systems on Facebook
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours on YouTube
- Single Mom & Young Daughter’s Tiny House Life
- Single Mom’s Bus Life after an Empty Nest
- Single Dad Raising Twin Sons in a Tiny Home
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Gorgeous Three-Bedroom Tiny House For Sale - February 23, 2024
- Wee Nook Hobbit-Style Cabin in Tennessee - February 23, 2024
- Davey Jackson by Off Highway Van: Rugged Luxury Van Life - February 23, 2024