Derek loved traveling and was tired of being tied to leases, so he got a short-top Chevy van and converted it. After a handful of months on the road, however, he discovered he missed the stability of having a home base, so he plans to move back into a city and keep the van for roadtrips.
He did a nice job on his budget conversion, including learning how to do epoxy/resin to make some really fun beach-themed cabinets/countertops. In the back, he has a fixed bed set-up — and just wait until you see his really gorgeous sink! Tell us about your favorite feature in the comments.
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more
Transitioning into Part-Time Van Life in Budget Van
He has a cat and a dog that travel with him.
Part of his bed flips up so he can enjoy the view out the back doors.
VIDEO: DIY Chevy Camper w/ Beach Inspired Countertops
- Life in his Self-Converted Chevy Camaro Camper
- Mike’s Chevy Express 3500 Short Bus Life
- Web Developer & Family in Their 2007 Duramax Diesel 6.6 LMN Chevy Short Bus
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Is This the Perfect Off-Grid Family Tiny Home? - September 23, 2023
- Home on Wheels: A Family’s 50-Day Transition to RV Living - September 23, 2023
- His Incredible DIY Adventure Rig - September 22, 2023