Patrick was in college, but it wasn’t working for him. When he saw a video about #vanlife on YouTube, he decided to drop out and chase his dreams! Seven years and six rigs later, he’s living in his dream van with no plans of ever stopping.
“Gadget” the van is bursting with innovative features, including a hidden kitchen inside, a pull-out kitchen outdoors, hammock hooks, and a pull-down convertible couch/bed. He has little cubbies for everything and stunning woodworking throughout. Which feature do you like the most?
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more
His 6th Rig w/ Amazing Convertible Features
He painted it with exterior house paint.
The hidden kitchen is in that bench!
VIDEO: DIY Camper Van w/ Bed/Couch on a Slide System
- Patrick dropped out of college after being inspired by a #vanlife video on YouTube, and he has been living the van life for seven years with no plans of stopping.
- He is currently living in his dream van named “Gadget,” which is filled with innovative features.
- The van includes a hidden kitchen inside, an outdoor pull-out kitchen, hammock hooks, and a pull-down convertible couch/bed.
- Patrick has meticulously designed cubbies for storage and incorporated stunning woodworking throughout the van.
- The post includes images showcasing the features of Patrick’s sixth rig, including the exterior painted with house paint and the hidden kitchen inside a bench.
- A video is provided, offering a closer look at the DIY camper van with a bed/couch on a slide system.
- Mark’s Rainforest Bus Conversion: Solo Travel at Age 60
- His Comic Book Theme Shuttle Bus Tiny Home
- Quebec Man Retires in His Self-Built Campervan
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Conversions | Travel Trailers | Motorhomes | Van Conversions | Van Dwelling | Van Life | Vans | Vehicles | Video Tours
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- DIY ProMaster w Office & Rooftop Deck - May 31, 2023
- Half & Half Stationary and Travel Bus Life - May 31, 2023
- Skyframe A-Frame in Maine w/ Spiral Staircase - May 31, 2023
Very creative, love the kitchen set-up and the color of the van. The only thing I don’t care for is that it appears that because the toilet is under the bed frame, if you have to go in the middle of the night, or if you are sick and in bed all day, you can’t access it unless you slide the whole bed back into couch mode. Otherwise, beautiful job!
Well, you could just get into the habit of leaving the toilet out. So it’s easy to reach when the bed is out, and only put it back underneath during the day…
Amazing wood ceiling. Beautiful!!