Holly and her husband Charles moved across Australia to care for Holly’s mom who has Alzheimer’s. They parked the home on a family compound where Holly’s parents have a house and so does her sister and her husband and kids! Now they can all pitch in to watch after Holly’s mom and keep her out of care as long as possible.
A tiny house gave them the option to live as close as they could, but still the freedom to take the home elsewhere someday when Holly’s mom needs to go into full-time care. It’s a heartwarming (and heartbreaking) story, and the 24-foot tiny home is truly gorgeous! Let us know what you think in the comments.
Don’t miss other amazing tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Colorful Tiny House on a Family Compound
Holly is grateful to be close to her mom during this difficult time.
The space is bright and airy with pops of color.
Look at those gorgeous tiles!
VIDEO: Spectacular Vibrant Tiny Home & Amazing Family Community!
- Holly wanted to move closer to her mother, so she could help her family keep mom out of care while she battles Alzheimer’s disease.
- The tiny house was a perfect option to keep Holly close! They parked it on mom’s property, alongside her parent’s house and her sister’s home.
- This move allowed Holly and her husband Charles to make big career changes: Holly went from working in intelligence to working with veterans with PTSD using plant medicine. Charles does awesome generative work for video games.
- Their 24′ THOW has a loft bedroom with a skylight, a meditation loft, and a large kitchen space.
- Holly loves color, so a green door, green pillows and beautiful tiles on the stairs brighten the space.
- Is This the Perfect Off-Grid Family Tiny Home?
- The Nordic: 24′ THOW by Craftsman Tiny Home
- Gorgeous Two-Loft THOW with Magical Shower
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2023 NOAH-Certified 28′ Double Loft Tiny Home - December 2, 2023
- Tree House Tiny House with 3 Standing Bedrooms! - December 2, 2023
- Safe and Sonder Van Life with Hanging Swing Chairs - December 2, 2023