This is a 1993 GMC 3500 short school bus conversion known as ‘The Runabout’ that is available for sale for $32,500 (just reduced from $35,000) out of Richmond, Virginia.
The bus conversion has 199k miles on it, four windows on one side of the bus, 820 watts of solar panels, a compost toilet, backup camera, 35-gallon fresh water tank, 25-gallon grey water tank, and a dual-zone 12V refrigerator. Learn more and check it out below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this for sale, join our Free Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter for more!
The Runabout Short School Bus Conversion
This short school bus conversion has an indoor bathroom right behind the driver’s seat.
It features 110-square-feet of beautiful living space inside.
Looks pretty cozy, doesn’t it?
The living area has bench seats with table tops on swivels which seem really nice.
The full kitchen has a one-burner stovetop.
There’s a large hideaway sink.
And overhead cabinets too.
How’d you like waking up here? 🙂
There’s a mount for the iPad for entertainment.
Plenty of space for storage underneath the bed.
The wet bath has a composting toilet.
And a showerhead.
A closer look at the hideaway sink.
The bus has 199k miles.
It’s a 1993 GMC 3500 with a 4-Window Thomas Short Bus Body.
It’s well maintained and ready for pickup in Virginia.
The tires are pretty much brand new.
There’s a bicycle rack welded to the front of the bus.
And 820-watts of solar panels on the roof!
- The Runabout
- 1993 GMC G3500 Vandura with a 4-Window Thomas Bus Body
- 199k miles
- GMC 350 5.7L gas engine
- Automatic transmission
- Well maintained
- 5’11’ ceiling height
- 12’10” back window to cab
- 17’10” bumper to bumper
- 8’10” tall
- Located in Virginia, USA
- Buyer must pick up
- Off-grid tiny home/camper/motorhome
- 110-sq.-ft. of living space
- Ample storage
- Fresh and grey water tanks
- Solar set up
- 820 watts of panels
- 600 ah of deep cycle gel Renogy batteries
- 3000-watt inverter
- 12v fuse box
- 120v breaker box
- Full kitchen with a one-burner butane stove
- Large hideaway sink
- 21-quart dual-zone fridge
- Floor to ceiling storage
- Living room area with under couch storage
- Back up camera
- Front end two-bike rack welded to the frame
- Custom-fit doormats on entry stairs
- Tire pressure/temp monitoring system for all 6 tires
- The tires are in good condition
- Composting toilet in the wet-bathroom
- Overhead shower
- Re-sealed roof
- New smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- Ready for full-time off-grid living
- Built with 1-inch insulation around with extra 2.5-inch foam board in walls
- 2×4 framing
- Cedar ceilings
- Cedar kitchen, pantry
- Cedar shower, back wall, and trim
- Fantastic fan
- Butcher block countertop in the kitchen
- Swiveling removable table tops
- 6-inch cool gel memory foam mattress
- Available for $32,500 (price just reduced from $35,000)
- Their 40-ft. School Bus Conversion with a Wood Stove
- Artist’s School Bus Conversion w/ Studio & Hammock
- Backpacker’s $10,000 School Bus Build
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Bus Conversions | Motorhomes | School Bus Conversions | Tiny Houses | Tiny Houses For Sale | Vehicles
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
This is quite a cosy bus. Feel like it’s the ideal size between vanlife and full size schoolie, they fit everything they needed comfortably with a bit of ingenuity but no waste space.