Back in high school, Alexandria dreamed of van life and travel via her Pinterest board, but it took the events of 2020, a job change, and a lot of gusto to get her to sell her vehicle and purchase her Ford Transit that she now calls home! Alexandria isn’t afraid to be honest about the struggles of living in a van, and about how many times she has ripped out and redone certain parts of her van to make it almost perfect for her lifestyle!
She replaced her DIY toilet with a Nature’s Head. She took out a wall of tile that didn’t fit her vibe. She spent hours upon hours creating a stunning ceiling and fitting an upper cabinet to the Transit’s extreme curvature. But now? She has a functional and tidy space that works for her four-day/10-hour workweek. She spends her long weekends hiking and biking all around the country!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Secret Clothing Storage & Awesome Bike Drawer in Her Ford Transit
Her warm, neutral color palette makes this place so calming.
She has tons of gear storage in her garage.
VIDEO: Her Functional DIY Transit Camper Van
- She got into dreaming about #vanlife on Pinterest
- Took 2020 and a job change in order to push her toward it
- Sold her car and bought the van!
- Took about a year to finish it off
- Pull-out Dometic fridge/freezer
- Pull-out Nature’s Head composting toilet
- Secret under-bed clothing storage
- Beautiful butcher block countertops and lovely ceiling
- Follow her on Instagram
- Subscribe to her YouTube Channel
- Alexandria’s Non-Profit: HerTerra
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours on YouTube
- Her Van with a Skylight & Lazy Susan
- Michelle Ignored the Naysayers, Sold Her Stuff & Bought a Van
- Stealthy “Babe Cave” Van Conversion
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!