Brandon loves adventure sports and was a carpenter by trade, and van life gave him the chance to explore the rest of the country before he officially settles down. While he misses the space his apartment had — especially for all his sporting equipment — he thinks the trade-off of being outdoors so much and exploring new places is worth it.
Even with his experience building, Brandon still thinks he spent more time on YouTube than he did building the van! It was a learning curve, but he’s better for it. And he found a clever way to include a shower. Let us know what you think in the comments.
Don’t miss other exciting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more
His Modern-Yet-Beachy Van Conversion
Even though he doesn’t bake much, Taylor added an oven so he could learn.
He has a rooftop deck that’s mostly for storage.
VIDEO: Carpenter’s DIY Camper VAN – Hideaway Shower
- Taylor felt stagnant in his life back home and wanted a way to explore the country before officially putting down roof.
- With a background in construction since he was 15, Taylor figured a van build wouldn’t be too hard — and while he did get in the swing of things, he hired a buddy who was an electrician to get the home wired.
- He added a hidden shower with a tile base (that he tiled twice, since the first ones didn’t have enough of a slope to drain properly). He also has a cassette toilet, but he doesn’t like the smell.
- There’s a queen bed in the back of the van, and he can sleep fully stretched out because of the small bump outs he put in.
- He added a swivel mount to the back of the van for his mountain bike, so he can more easily access his garage space.
- Nigel & Sue’s Van Conversion: Exploring Australia
- Safe and Sonder Van Life with Hanging Swing Chairs
- Henry: Vanpuravida Model w/ L-Shaped Couch
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses