When he was younger, Steve really wanted a hammock in his bedroom. Despite promising his parents he would hang it in the studs, they firmly said no to the idea. So you’ll love the look of pure joy on his face as Steve shows off the hammock he hung in his short bus conversion!
A former professional welder, Steve finally got to pursue his dream of being a full-time artist after working full-time and building his bus in his free time for more than two years. He has a dedicated studio area in the back of the bus, complete with a huge drawer to house all his records. The front of the bus has his kitchen and bathroom, and the bench seats convert into his bed. What do you think of his rig?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Professional Welder Converts a Short Bus into Tiny Home
Some of his artwork on display, resting on his couches.
He welded on a rooftop deck.
VIDEO: Artist’s DIY School Bus Tiny House
- Former professional welder
- Created his own drawer pulls out of welded chain
- His shower curtain rod is also welded chain
- Bench couches turn into a bed
- Permanent studio set-up in the back of the bus
- Giant records drawer for music
- Shower & Toilet over wheel well
- Artist and Web Designer Hit the Road at 18 Years Old
- Backpacker’s $10,000 School Bus Build
- She Built a $12k Raised-Roof, Short-Bus Skoolie with her Dad!
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses