The day after they got married, Nik turned to Lauren and said they should renovate a bus, live in it, and travel the country. Only 6 weeks later, they had purchased the biggest bus they could find and got to work! In retrospect, they think 28 feet would have been manageable and slightly easier to find parking spots for.
As is, the bus is about half the size of the 700 square foot apartment they lived in during lockdown. They were well-adjusted to living and working in a small space, so it wasn’t a hard transition. Besides being wonderfully functional, their bus home is stunning, with black tiles, butcher block countertops, and pine ceilings. What’s your favorite feature?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
They Included a Recirculating Shower & Giant Dog Nook
The couple used a roof raise in the back of the bus.
They chose to remove the old windows and replace some with RV windows.
VIDEO: Couple’s DIY Raised Roof 40 Ft. School Bus
- Couple survived living during lockdown in 700 square feet
- About a month after getting married, bought a school bus!
- Recirculating shower
- Wet bathroom
- Not enough power for induction, got propane stove later
- Wood stove for heating
- Special nook/dog bed behind their bed
- Couch turns into queen bed
- Dinette for two
- Family’s 40-ft. Skoolie Turned Into Airbnb-Cottage
- Remodeling His Grandfather’s 1954 Crown Bus
- 1998 School Bus Turned Motor-Cottage for Student And Yogi
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Full-Time Travel in Her 1983 Sun Lite Pop-up Camper - February 3, 2023
- Friland Tiny House on Northern Italian Cliff - February 3, 2023
- 574 Sq. Ft. Mobile Home w/ Lot For Sale: Under $40K - February 3, 2023