Kenny Foust submitted the first design to Simple Solar Homesteading’s awesome “Off-Grid Houses on the Move” Contest, which runs now through October. If you have an off-grid portable housing design (or actual structure!) you’d like to submit, you can see the rules for the contest here. Winners get prizes so it’s worth a try!
He submitted pictures of a real 24-long house-on-wheels that he built on a 1976 Doge dualie. It’s 7.5 feet wide, and 9.5 feet tall. Inside the basic structure has a hot water heater and 20 gallon tank for showers, as well as a DIY composting toilet. The rest of the home runs on solar power with a dorm fridge, microwave, induction cooktop and coffee maker. It even has a fold up back deck! Cool.
Check out the photos below, and get more build details over a Simple Solar Homesteading.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
First Off-Grid Houses on the Move Submission!
Look at that awesome folding deck!
There’s a skylight over the shower area for extra headspace.
Recycled cabinets and more kept the place low-cost.
Simple composting toilet in the shower stall.
Here you can see the panels he used to create the frame.
- 1976 Dodge Dualie
- Built with 2″ extruded polystyrene panels
- Composting toilet
- Shower with 20 gallon hot water heater
- Solar-powered: 1100 watts residential power
- Basic appliances in kitchenette
- 24 ft. long
- Made from many recycled materials
- Couple’s High-Top VW Camper with Solar
- Off-Grid Houses On The Move Tiny House Design Contest (2020)
- DIY Off-Grid Eco Cabin Getaway in Texas
Our big thanks to LaMar for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- MyKabin Cascade Traditional Model: 340 Sq. Ft. - May 9, 2021
- 271-sq.-ft. Porto Model by Polish Tiny House Builder - May 8, 2021
- Dave’s Milk Barn Cabin In High Falls, New York - May 8, 2021