This is the story of a DIY custom VW camper outfitted with solar-power shown here thanks to Nate Murphy on YouTube! It’s Roman and Ioana’s custom VW van camper.
They planned to buyer a newer motorhome, but when they ran into this beauty, now named Leni, it was like love at first sight. Enjoy and learn more below.
Don’t miss other super-awesome stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Couple’s Customized High-Top VW Camper Van with Solar-Power
They’ve outfitted with solar panels, fan, and rear storage for the bicycles.
The rear opens wide to the outdoors. The perfect spot for the shower and toilet.
Captain chairs swivel.
Beautiful kitchen in this VW camper van!
Table folded down, both chairs swiveled, ready to chill!
Be sure to see the full tour and get the entire story behind this Volkswagen camper in the Nate Murphy video tour below! Thank you!🙏
VIDEO – Customized Self Converted VW Camper
- Built in 1990
- Roman and Ioana bought it in 2017
- The van is named Leni
- They have been touring Europe with it
- The conversion has been an ongoing journey
- It’s off-grid ready
- 460w solar panels
- 200Ah Lithium batteries
- 2Kw power inverter
- 100L water tank
- 70L LP gas tank for their heat, hot water, and gas stove
- The van has a 92 horsepower turbo diesel engine
If you liked this VW camper, check this out…
- He turned his old VW bus into a SOLAR-powered EV
- VW Microbus is officially coming back to the United States
- 1967 VW Microbus Renovated by Zenbox Design
- Roman & Ioana Travel Europe in Their 1990 VW Van
- VW California XXL: Larger Version of the Classic Campervan!
Our big thanks to Nate Murphy for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses