These days Roman and Ioana use their 1990 VW Van for weekend trips around their home country of Switzerland, but they previously used the van — named Leni — for a full year of travel around Europe.
One of the coolest features of this van is the back bathroom. It’s accessible by the garage doors and makes it easy to use the bathroom or shower — if you pick a secluded spot you can even leave the doors open!
Additionally the van has a self-built bike rack and a super cool folding bed that allows for extra headroom in the snug living quarters. Check out the awesome video tour and interview with Tiny Home Tours below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Leni the 1990 VW Van Travels Europe
Here’s the compact main living area
The table folds down for meal time
The cozy bunk folds down as well for sleeping
One compact kitchen! Ioana still says she manages to cook quite a lot
Bathroom in the back. Great set-up!
VIDEO: Ingenious Camper Van Bathroom & Shower
- 1990 VW Van
- Named “Leni”
- Couple spent year traveling Europe in the van
- Now based in Switzerland
- Couple takes weekend trips
- Fold-down bed allows for head room
- Custom-built bike rack on back of van
- Garage doors open to bathroom
- Nature’s Head composting toilet
- Indoor & Outdoor shower options
- Fold-down table
- Cab chairs turn around for additional seating
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Van Life | “Lucky” The Off-Grid Short Bus Skoolie Conversion | Most Luxurious Van Ever? Couple Works & Travels in 2017 Sprinter | HGTV Bus Conversion Turned Tiny Home for This Couple
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- She Built A Beautiful Tiny Cottage on Silts in Texas - August 3, 2020
- She Built A 688-sq.-ft. Cottage w/ Tiny House Style - August 3, 2020
- They Went Tiny To Save For A Small Home - August 2, 2020