When Darcy’s sister was diagnosed with Leukemia, she decided to forego chemo and travel the country by bus instead. Darcy didn’t want to miss out on that time with her sister so she and her husband quit their jobs, bought and renovated an RV and have been traveling full-time with their children McKenzie and Maxwell following Darcy’s sister around the country.
The RV itself only cost $5,000 and the family gutted it and renovated it to make it home, reusing and re-purposing anything and everything they could to save money. While their story started in the midst of tragedy, it’s been a great experience for the family and has actually made the pandemic easier to deal with because they were already distanced in many ways and homeschooling.
Take a tour of their amazing home and watch their interview with Tiny Home Tours below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Family of 4 Traveling the Country in Middie the Winnie
What was once a dark 1990s RV has become a light & bright home
Little mudroom cabinet for coats, shoes and books
They replaced the pull-out bed with a comfortable storage couch
They added bunk beds for the kids in the back
Mom & Dad’s Master suite
VIDEO: Family of 4 Renovated Budget RV into A Full Home
- Started journey to spend time with sister diagnosed with Leukemia
- Bought RV for $5,000
- Winnebago RV
- 32 feet long
- Gutted large portions of the RV
- Reused tons of materials
- Built custom bunk beds
- Created new bathroom
- Nature’s Head toilet
- Homeschooling kids
Related stories you may enjoy…
- Finding Financial Freedom: Goodbye Mortgage, Hello RV Renovation!
- Photographer & Florist’s Clean & Bright RV Renovation
- HGTV Bus Conversion Turned Tiny Home for This Couple
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Family’s Debt-Free Cob Home Took 10 Years of Planning! - October 23, 2020
- Chateau Treehouse Suspended in Three Towering Cypress Trees - October 22, 2020
- Carousel Treehouse with Vintage Vibes! - October 22, 2020