Joel & Rachel worked hard for three years to make it possible for them to buy a bus conversion and travel on the road. They both work remotely for the same company, and hope to continue to be able to travel and keep earning an income!
The couple wisely rented out an old RV right after their apartment lease was up to make sure they could handle living tiny together. Even though the RV was awful, they realized they *could* live tiny and when they found this bus – previously converted on HGTV – they jumped on the opportunity.
They’ve been working hard to convert the bus into a space that works for them, and they’ve done a fantastic job with the upgrades. Check it all out in the video tour from Tiny Home Tours below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Making this HGTV Bus Conversion Their Home Sweet Home
The grey couch and shiplap walls are all new updates!
What a lovely retro kitchen! All those cabinet doors are new and hand-crafted.
They plan to flip the bed sideways in the future.
VIDEO: Retro Themed Raised Roof School Bus Conversion
- Purchased old HGTV bus conversion
- Been making it their own
- Added shiplap
- Created entertainment cabinet/work storage
- Re-framed all the windows
- New counter tops (laminate)
- Added upper cabinets and cabinet doors (handmade)
- Re-covered couch
- Couple works remotely for the same company
- Lived in RV to try out tiny life first
- Fun retro microwave from Amazon (only $60!)
- May add a tub in the future
- Working on making it off-grid (right now has RV hook-ups)
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Bus Conversions | Australian Family Sells Dream Home to Live and Travel in a Bus!| Oversized Van Conversion with Luxury Shower | One Wild Ride with Lexi & Tyler: From Traveling to Homesteading in their Bus Conversion
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Pierre and Lea’s Family Tiny House in the Swiss Alps - January 27, 2021
- Coffee Roasting Business in a Promaster 3500 Van - January 27, 2021
- They Moved Into A Tiny House Village Straight Out Of College - January 26, 2021