While Gordo’s epic skoolie conversion might look ready to take on the zombie apocalypse, he has no intentions of using it to survive the end of days. Instead, he built the adventure rig as a passion project, and uses it to travel on vacations or transport the many tools that he has stored on the back deck.
The first thing he did with the school bus he bought at auction was to slice off the back half and build an intricate metal deck/roof rack. That only took about a month, but the interior finishes took about 2 years to complete. You’re going to love the video tour below, where he shows off all the incredible details of his space.
Don’t miss other interesting bus conversions like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
He Thought of Everything For This Epic Skoolie
There’s a bed behind the partition.
He welded this incredible rack to the roof of his bus.
He has an awning he can install on the back deck.
VIDEO: Brilliant BUS CONVERSION! He Thought of Everything
- Gordo doesn’t live in his skoolie full-time but built it as a passion project and travel vehicle.
- He made a big custom Velcro decal for the ceiling that has the bus’s original number it had in the school system.
- There’s a sneaky fold-down sink faucet, so he can maximize counter space.
- He designed and built a custom boom system, so he can lower his tool bench off the back deck.
- He has a smaller solar system, but the battery charges when he drives as well.
- Their Short Bus with a Residential-Size Shower
- Their Third Vehicle Conversion: A Shuttle Bus Tiny House
- Family of 7 And Their Skoolie Home with Loft Addition
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Beautifully-Crafted Vardo-Style Tiny House For Sale! - November 28, 2023
- Nigel & Sue’s Van Conversion: Exploring Australia - November 28, 2023
- 20-ft. Pink & Teal Tiny House by Kaiser Tiny Homes - November 27, 2023