Did you know that the VW Microbus is scheduled to come back to the United States? According to VW.com, “It’s official: The VW Bus is back, and it’s electric.” It’s called the ID Buzz and it’s fully electric.
Driven by popular demand, Volkswagen announced today it is planning on selling a production version of the award-winning I.D. Buzz concept electric vehicle in 2022 for the United States, Europe and China.1
Don’t miss other interesting news and announcements – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
VW Bus coming back to the United States by 2022
TEST DRIVE: Fully Charged gets to review and test the new Volkswagen Microbus (ID Buzz)
VIDEO: Retro Volkswagen bus unveil event
A little VW bus history
The first VW Bus sold in the United States in 1950 had all of 30 hp. The I.D. Buzz concept sports 369 hp from electric motors on each axle that also provide all wheel drive and the 111 kWh battery pack in the floor of the MEB chassis provide nearly 300 miles of estimated range. Using a VW fast-charge system, it can recharge about 80 percent of its energy capacity in 30 minutes at 150 kW.1
So what do you think so far?
Is this vehicle seriously about to be released?
The I.D. Buzz is the second EV concept that VW has revealed for production, along with the original I.D. concept slated to enter production around 2019 as a 2020 model1
Are you going to get one?
Learn more at Volkswagen.
Our big thanks to Peter Christiansen for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
- “It’s official: The VW Bus is back, and it’s electric.” Accessed May 27, 2019. http://newsroom.vw.com/vehicles/future-cars/official-the-vw-bus-is-back-and-its-electric/.
- “How I.D. Buzz takes Volkswagen back to the future.” Accessed May 27, 2019. http://newsroom.vw.com/vehicles/concept-cars/how-i-d-buzz-takes-volkswagen-back-to-the-future/.
- “Hippy Van is Back: Volkswagen Re-Releasing Its Electric Version.” Accessed May 27, 2019. https://themindcircle.com/volkswagen-hippy-van-new-electric-version/.
- “Retro Volkswagen bus gets electric touch.” Accessed May 27, 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8FqEgLfO8.
- “VW ID Buzz | Fully Charged.” Accessed May 27, 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQut6ks3nSY.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Couple’s High-Top VW Camper with Solar - July 3, 2020
- He Built A 400-sq.-ft. Whimsical Tree House! - June 26, 2020
- They Turned This Cargo Trailer Into A Cozy, Stealthy, And Beautiful Camper - June 25, 2020