The O’Phalen family was just going to enjoy a summer away exploring a remote part of Maine, but that led to a year staying in Airbnbs which finally led them to RV life!
They contacted us to share their awesome RV conversion and tell us more about their life. Enjoy hearing from them below.
Don’t miss other interesting homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Family Embarks on North American RV Journey with Kids
We are traveling North America in our renovated 2007 toyhauler RV.
We have been fulltime travelers for three years now, and have owned the RV for two years.
We started traveling in short-term rentals at first, and then we decided we wanted our own space.
An older RV is what we could afford to purchase without a loan, so we set about gutting it to the studs in places and making it beautiful.
It took four months and $7,000, but it’s the prettiest RV we’ve ever seen inside now!
You can see the shower is right next to the bedroom step-We even used a projector to paint the outside a happy mural to match the interior vibe.
We just recently added solar panels, so we’re completely off-grid now, too.
Our family of five absolutely adores our tiny home on wheels, and we love all the places it has taken us.
Parking our home with a new front yard is the most fun — especially this summer in Alaska!
And we just recently launched an e-book on RVing Alaska
View this post on Instagram
- The O’Phalen family’s unexpected RV journey across North America.
- Their transition from professional theater to full-time RV living.
- A detailed look at their renovated 2007 toy hauler RV.
- Their journey from short-term rentals to owning their own RV.
- The extensive renovation, including gutting and beautifying the RV.
- The addition of solar panels for off-grid living.
- The family’s love for their tiny home on wheels and the places it’s taken them.
- Their adventures in Alaska during the summer.
- They recently launched their e-book on RVing in Alaska.
- Family Chooses DIY House & Off-Grid Life
- Family of Three and Their Non-Toxic Van Life
- Home on Wheels: A Family’s 50-Day Transition to RV Living
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Beautifully-Crafted Vardo-Style Tiny House For Sale! - November 28, 2023
- Nigel & Sue’s Van Conversion: Exploring Australia - November 28, 2023
- 20-ft. Pink & Teal Tiny House by Kaiser Tiny Homes - November 27, 2023