How do you go tiny with teenagers? You build two! Or at least that’s what worked for Wayne, Anthea, and their two daughters, Darienne and Remony. Wayne is an architect who wanted to design his own space, and building two tiny homes for their family sounded like a fun project.
The girls were 15 and 17 when they moved in three years ago, and now they’re adults enjoying their private “apartment” while still getting together by the outdoor patio area in the evenings. The homes were DIY builds, and everyone got involved! They’re able to park them on a friend’s farm, in exchange for Anthea’s farm help. What a fun set-up!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny houses like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Off-Grid Tiny Homes Designed by Architect Dad
That accent wall is all recycled denim!
There’s so much counter space and an abundance of light throughout.
The daughters’ house has two lofts connected with netting.
VIDEO: Architect’s Tiny Marvels: Ultra Clever Tiny Houses For Family Living
- Anthea and Wayne are the parents of two grown daughters, who were 15 and 17 when they took on this tiny house project.
- They live on a friend’s farm, where Anthea works as farm help. Wayne is the architect and design brain behind the build.
- Each of the homes have the same layout, but the daughters’ house has two lofts with privacy curtains, connected via a rope net.
- The showers are curved “rooms” over the tongue of the trailer, and they have skylights. So pretty!
- For now, the daughters are traveling and away at university, but they have a spot to come home to.
- Single Mom’s Two Tiny Home Household in Australia
- Two Tiny Homes Connected by Porch
- Two Tiny Homes in One with this Duplex Cabin
Our big thanks to Bryce sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Gorgeous Three-Bedroom Tiny House For Sale - February 23, 2024
- Wee Nook Hobbit-Style Cabin in Tennessee - February 23, 2024
- Davey Jackson by Off Highway Van: Rugged Luxury Van Life - February 23, 2024