This custom Sprinter van is home to Jordan and Tommy, who use the van to travel throughout New Zealand. This is their third van, and improves on all the shortcomings of their previous rigs. Both of them worked stressful jobs in the UK before deciding to sell their home and pursue vanlife in Australia. After living there awhile, they got a new van to enjoy New Zealand — and they have no plans to ever go back to homeownership!
The van has a great layout, with double swivel chairs in the front that turn to face a mini couch (which *can*) become a twin bed, although they’ve never used it. The kitchen and bathroom face each other in the middle of the van, and the queen-sized bed takes up the back. They have two more bench seats in front of the bed which house additional storage. Enjoy their tour below!
Don’t miss other exciting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more
They Left Stressful Jobs to Travel the World
The roll-up cabinets never open during transit!
The wet bath is behind that mirror.
Dual swivel chairs give them a spot to hang out.
VIDEO: Custom Designed Camper Van – Our Dream Tiny Home On Wheels
- Jordan and Tommy travel New Zealand in their Sprinter van, Matilda. They previously toured Australia via van after leaving stressful jobs in the UK.
- They had been homeowners, so the freedom of vanlife and not caring for a house or yard means they’re never looking back!
- This van solved a number of issues they had with the other two vans they’ve lived in, like the perfect kitchen location (mid van, and not near the door).
- They have two swivel chairs and a bench that create a lovely living room space in the front of the rig.
- Both of them wanted an actual bathroom in their van this time around, and while it’s super compact, it meets the need.
- Follow them on Instagram
- Check out their YouTube channel
- This is their website
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours on YouTube
- Engineer’s Sprinter Van Life with Floor Storage
- Pop Top with a Sliding Bed in his Sprinter Van
- Changing Plans & Loving Van Life in her DIY Sprinter
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Gorgeous Three-Bedroom Tiny House For Sale - February 23, 2024
- Wee Nook Hobbit-Style Cabin in Tennessee - February 23, 2024
- Davey Jackson by Off Highway Van: Rugged Luxury Van Life - February 23, 2024