There are tons of reason to go tiny: To reduce your footprint, to have location-independence, to simplify your life. But many people choose to go tiny for one very important reason: Saving money. Tiny living, especially if you have the skills to build your home yourself, can save you thousands of dollars!
So we at Tiny House Talk wanted to appreciate some of the amazing, yet inexpensive builds we’ve seen this year (both DIY and from companies) in our 2016’s Best THOWS Under $30K list.
2016’s Best THOWS Under $30K
1. Cedar Shake Tiny House on Wheels
One of the best ways to save money on a build? Simple finishes. This tiny house’s beauty lies in its simplicity. It was for sale for $30,000. See more.
2. Tiny House Built With Reclaimed Barn Wood
Another key to an inexpensive build? Used reclaimed materials! This one was selling in Colorado for $26,000. See more.
3. 80 Sq. Ft. Roly Poly Tiny House on Wheels
If squeezing into 80 sq. ft. doesn’t scare you, then you can save a lot by building even tinier! This was selling for $30,000. See more.
4. Couple’s $20K DIY Tiny House on Wheels
This couple built their incredible, affordable home during the rainy season in Portland! See more.
5. 8×16 Birchwood Tiny House by Upper Valley Tiny Homes
This tiny space has two lofts, a kitchen and a bathroom and was selling for just $28,000. See more.
6. Couple’s $25K DIY Smouse House
This DIY build is absolutely stunning and overflowing with the owner’s personality. And all for $25,000! See more.
7. Green Living Model by Incredible Tiny Homes
Incredible Tiny Homes made this build not only affordable at $25,000, but good for the environment. See more.
8. Donna’s $25,000 Tiny House on Wheels
The interior of Donna’s home is bursting with unique touches and personality. I love a DIY home! See more.
9. Kozy Kabin, Dee’s Tiny House on Wheels
Dee built her tiny house years ago, but now the plans are available for you to replicate her $10,000 build! See more.
10. Sweet Pea Tiny House on Wheels
Another PAD design, this adorable home is estimated to cost between $25,000 and $30,000 in materials. See more.
So are there any from 2016 that I left out? Tell me in the comments!
You can share this tiny house story with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this tiny house story you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny House Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Ex-Gov’t Rig Insulated w/ Local Alpaca Wool - January 26, 2022
- Bus Life And Painting 10,000 Mural Flowers Across the United States - January 26, 2022
- Rolling with Ophelia: Couple’s Debt-Free Bus Life - January 25, 2022