Michael and Acacia have been living in their self-converted van in South Africa for the past two years. While van life is not particularly popular in South Africa, they’ve had lots of success and enjoy staying at campgrounds for very little money.
Their conversion only cost them about $10K, which is the average cost of a basic car in South Africa – and instead of just a car, they have a home on wheels! Check out their awesome budget build below.
- Follow Michael and Acacia’s two-year DIY van life journey in South Africa, where they’ve thrived despite the trend being less popular in the region.
- With a $10K budget, they’ve transformed their van into a comfortable home on wheels, featuring unique epoxy counters and clever design elements.
- Engage in their adventure as they earn income by filming local businesses and enjoy the freedom of van life, all while showcasing South Africa’s stunning landscapes.
Don’t miss other exciting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more
Their $10K Van Conversion with Epoxy Counters
There’s plenty of headroom to sit up in the bed.
The ocean “splash” on the countertop is so creative.
VIDEO: 10K DIY Camper Van
- They only spent the equivalent of $10K on their van conversion!
- Van life is still pretty new in South Africa
- The couple shoot footage for businesses in the area to earn money
- They have an epoxy “splash” near the sink — super cool!
- There’s a fixed bed
- Michael and Acacia have been living in their self-converted van in South Africa for the past two years.
- Despite van life not being very popular in South Africa, they’ve had a successful experience and have been staying at campgrounds inexpensively.
- Their van conversion only cost them around $10,000, which is equivalent to the cost of a basic car in South Africa. Their van serves as both transportation and a home on wheels.
- The van conversion features epoxy counters, including a creative ocean “splash” design near the sink.
- The van provides enough headroom for sitting up in bed, improving comfort.
- Van life is relatively new in South Africa, making their journey somewhat unique in the area.
- To earn money, the couple films footage for local businesses.
- The van includes a fixed bed setup for convenience.
- National Park Adventures: Couple’s Van Conversion Journey
- Couple & Cat In This 1999 Dodge Roadtrek Camper Van
- Digital Nomad’s Second Van Conversion
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Micromansion: Ultra Modern THOW w/ Elevator Bed - October 3, 2023
- Big Bear Van’s Santa Monica Sleeps Up to 5 People! - October 3, 2023
- Tres Volcanes: Two-Bedroom Costa Rica Tiny Home - October 3, 2023