Digby and the Lullaby are a musical duo with three adorable children who all now live in a vintage caravan, traveling around South Africa. The caravan sat unused for 40+ years and was in great condition, meaning most of the interior is original (or replaced with materials from the 70s).
The caravan has a kitchen, a double bed for mom and dad, and a bunk room in the back for the kids. Since they camp in resorts, they’re always close to bathroom facilities. There’s a surprising amount of storage inside, which makes it possible to live in it full-time. Could you live in a caravan with kids?
- A musical family of 5 embraces nomadic life in a vintage South African caravan.
- Original 70s interior, kitchen, double bed, and bunk room for kids.
- Outdoor space extended with canopy.
Don’t miss other amazing tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter!
South African Musical Duo & Their Family RV
The bunk room in the back has a little sliding door to close it off at night.
The flip-down outdoor table even has a printed-on doily – character!
VIDEO TOUR: Family of 5’s Vintage Travel Trailer Life
- Parents are musicians and were tired of “normal” life. They wanted a chance to travel with their kids!
- They chose a vintage caravan because it was inexpensive and had tons of character!
- Almost everything inside the caravan is either original or from the time period.
- They use a giant canopy off the front of the caravan to extend their living space outdoors.
- Bunks in the back provide sleeping space for their kids and there’s a double bed for mom & dad
- Digby and the Lullaby, a musical family of 5, embrace nomadic life in a vintage caravan in South Africa.
- The caravan was unused for 40+ years, maintaining its originality and charm from the 70s.
- The Interior includes a kitchen, a parents’ double bed, and a bunk room for kids; resorts provide nearby bathroom facilities.
- Abundant storage makes full-time living possible for the family.
- Vintage caravan chosen for its character and affordability.
- Outdoor living space extended with a canopy attached to the front of the caravan.
- A bunk room with a sliding door offers cozy privacy for kids.
- Former Military Family Reconnecting with RV Life
- Family of 5 in 28 ft. RV Conversion
- The Daisy Caravan is a Bright Yellow Beauty
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Is This the Perfect Off-Grid Family Tiny Home? - September 23, 2023
- Home on Wheels: A Family’s 50-Day Transition to RV Living - September 23, 2023
- His Incredible DIY Adventure Rig - September 22, 2023