Mindy is one incredible woman! She purchased her 2003 Honda Element in 2008 to use for her catering business, and in 2022 she decided to convert it into a camper for travel. When her home sold in just 24 hours, she decided to just live full-time in her rig until she found the perfect piece of land to settle down on.
She’s been on the road for 19 months, living out of just 35 square feet. Even with all the upgrades she’s made to make her rig, she’s only spent $5.5K on the conversion and her 20-year-old vehicle is still going strong. You’re going to love seeing the way she’s meticulously designed her home on wheels to fit everything she needs, and nothing she doesn’t.
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more
Full-Time Living in 35 Sq. Ft. in her SUV
There’s a pull-out countertop so she can cook anywhere.
Here’s her bed, with a skylight to keep her from feeling claustrophobic.
VIDEO: Car Camping Over 50 – Her $5.5k Micro SUV Tiny Home
- Mindy is over 50, and lives full time in 35 square feet in her 2003 Honda Element.
- She added a lift kit, better suspension, extra gas storage and a flexible solar panel to make her rig off-grid friendly.
- Her driver’s side swivel seat allows her to create a “living room” when she isn’t driving.
- She has a permanent bed installed with a 3.5 inch mattress with special mold-resistant fabric.
- Her fold-out awning helps her keep cooler in desert locations.
- 2017 GMC Terrain SUV Turned Stealth-Camper
- Life in Their Pop Top Land Cruiser Camper
- 1982 Toyota Sun Raider 2×4 to 4×4 Overlander Conversion
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses