Mike started to realize he used very little of his larger Portland home and was ready to downsize. His new park model tiny home in Durango has two loft bedrooms and a ground floor bedroom with high ceilings. The bathroom is also incredibly spacious, with a shower you could dance in!
The living room and kitchen flow together, complete with a walk-in pantry, full-sized appliances, and oodles of his artwork on the walls. The plants are the best part! He has a little jungle going on that brings the outside in. What do you think?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
From Portland to Durango in Spacious Park Model
It features a rustic board and batten exterior.
The walls are covered in Mike’s artwork.
VIDEO: Tiny Home on Foundation – 3 Bedroom & Roomy Bathroom
- The video features Mike’s tiny house in Durango, Colorado, where he has been living for about a year.
- Mike moved into the tiny house with minimal possessions, mainly rugs, instruments, and plants.
- The house is designed to be social and open, with no large furniture or TV. Most of the items are from secondhand stores.
- The space can be transformed into a music room, fully set up for a full band to play.
- The house has heated concrete floors and gets plenty of sunlight during the winter.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a sink, oven, stove, microwave, toaster, and plenty of storage.
- Mike practices a minimalist lifestyle, which started in 2017 and fully clicked in 2019.
- The house has two lofts, one dark, and one light, to represent balance in life.
- The bathroom is spacious with a full sink, storage racks, and a large shower.
- The back bedroom is where Mike spends most of his time practicing music, painting, and bird-watching.
- Mike lives with multiple sclerosis and offers to connect with others who are struggling with the condition.
- The house is surrounded by a garden area that is full of vegetables and flowers during the summer.
- Mike also creates paintings with the intention of the person he’s giving them to, listening to two albums of their choice during the process.
- Retired Teacher’s Park Model Tiny Home
- This 399-sq.-ft. Park Model Tiny House has a Double Decker Porch!
- Pamela’s Park Model Tiny House with Amazing Decor
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses