Make lemonade out of lemons, right? Heidi saw her job lost in the midst of the pandemic as the perfect catalyst to bus life — she had been dreaming of traveling for years! With the help of her dad’s garage full of tools, she was able to transform her short bus for around $15K, including the cost of the bus.
She kept the original handicap door so she can open it up and set up her hammock chair, and she even found room for her large “tiny painting” collection that she wasn’t willing to part with. The interior of her bus has so much character with bold prints and paintings that match her unique taste.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Her Artsy & Eclectic Short Bus w/ Leopard Print Couch
You can see her tiny paintings on the wall.
Her cabinets and sink came from Habitat for Humanity.
VIDEO: Solo Female in Short Skoolie – $15K Total Bus Build
- Lost her job during the pandemic
- Decided to travel — long-time dream of hers!
- Bought the bus for around $3.5K and spent $11K remodeling it
- Used Habitat for Humanity items
- Borrowed her dad’s tools (and his expertise!) in building
- Tons of artistic flair throughout
- Composting toilet
- Brought her bed from home and made it work in the space
- Deep couch for snuggling with her dog
- She Used a Boat to Raise Her Bus Roof!
- From High Maintenance to Minimalism: Short Bus Life
- Short School Bus With Raised Roof
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Sherloak Homes Tiny House by Acorn Tiny Homes - March 3, 2024
- Bright & White 27-Foot Tiny Home - March 3, 2024
- WanderBus: He Converted a Shuttle Bus to Escape $1.7K Rent! - March 3, 2024