Daniel was looking for a vehicle to take with him on outdoor travels during the weekends — something he could toss muddy gear into and not care. A late-night eBay bid made him the owner of this 2005 Econoline bus — and after a cross-country trip to retrieve it, he suddenly found himself caring a lot more about his build-out!
He used tons of reclaimed materials to create a fully-functional home on wheels, including a soon-to-be-completed bathroom, a Murphy bed, and a large kitchen/counter space. Enjoy the video tour below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
His $18K Short Bus Conversion with Reclaimed Materials
Daniel loves all the width to really move around inside the bus.
He’s left the exterior original.
VIDEO: DIY Short Bus w/ Murphy Bed Built With Reclaimed Materials
- Wanted a vehicle for his outdoor travels
- Put in a late-night bid on eBay for the bus and accidently won the auction
- Flew in May 2020 to DC, drove to PA to get the bus and then drove all the way back to California
- Murphy bed with dinette beneath
- Lots of storage
- Space for wet bath
- Spent about $18K
- The Bibia Bus: DIY Short Bus Conversion w/ Shower
- From High Maintenance to Minimalism: Short Bus Life
- Short School Bus With Raised Roof
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses