Ray had always been fascinated by the concept of van life, so when it started gaining popularity on YouTube, he started showing his wife Nancy videos to see if she was interested. When she fully retired, she jumped on board with the idea. While they have two stationary homes (one in Hawaii and one in Idaho), they love using this luxury van to travel.
It took about 3 years to DIY their rig, and all told they spent $220K including the cost of the van. They spared no expense and have the best of the best inside — and it shows! Check out this amazing rig below.
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Their Wookievan with Incredible Awning & Upgrades
The woodworking inside is impeccable!
They have an awesome awning!
VIDEO: Retirees’ Luxury DIY 4×4 Mercedes Sprinter
- Ray and Nancy, retirees with homes in Hawaii and Idaho, decided to build a luxury Sprinter van for their travels.
- It took them 3 years to complete the DIY project, and they spent a total of $220,000, including the cost of the van.
- Their van, named “Wookievan,” features top-of-the-line interior woodworking.
- The van is equipped with an impressive awning for outdoor comfort.
- The couple’s van is considered one of the most luxurious van conversions ever.
- Their No-Experience Van Build w/ Hidden Bathroom
- His Chevy Van Life with Epoxy Cabinets
- Creative Lifestyle in her Gorgeous DIY Van Conversion
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- The Coastal Tiny House by Handcrafted Movement - October 4, 2023
- Country Tiny Home – One Floor! – by Handcrafted Movement - October 4, 2023
- Modern Tiny Home with Lift Bed by ACRO - October 3, 2023