Channing is such an inspiration! Not only is she an elite athlete as Team USA Paralympian Kayaker, she doesn’t let anything stand in her way. She was tired of plane trips and missing out on the places she traveled with her team, so she decided to build out her own wheelchair-friendly truck camper, so she could travel on her own time, save money, and see what she wanted to see!
Her truck has hand controls, she rigged up a bathroom system that works for her, and she carries her motorized off-roading trike on a pull-away bar on the back of the rig. Inside she has a couch pad, a “loft” bedroom, and all she needs to make food. What an awesome woman!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
She Bikes, Paddles, and Explores The Country
She did an awesome job building this out for her needs.
And yes, she can get up and down on her own.
VIDEO: Solo Female in Toyota Tacoma Truck Camper
- Channing is a Team USA Paralympian Kayaker
- Was tired of plane travel (her wheelchair was put under the plane)
- Wanted to see more of the places she went to
- Created a DIY truck camper so it met her needs
- Most pre-built units were made for “walking people” and didn’t suit her
- She can get in and out herself, has hand controls, and carries her off-roading trike!
- Follow Channing on Instagram
- Subscribe to Channing’s YouTube Channel
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours on YouTube
- She Went From Van Life To This Truck Camper
- Bantha: Full-Time Overlanding in a 6×6 Military Vehicle
- Her Awesome Truck Camper w/ Shower & Toilet
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses