Travis and Michelle first hit the road in their original converted school bus back in 2016 when they were going to visit their daughter. They met other skoolie folks and attended other tiny house festivals and started to feel the tug to jump all-in instead of just doing the occasional trip.
When lockdown hit, it was the final push to get them on the road. They were able to work remotely, their kids had moved out, and they were renting a home they no longer really “needed.” Eventually, they built out their current bus, the Big Blue Hauler, and jumped in full-time! Oh, and during all of this, they founded Skoolie Swarm which now welcomes hundreds of skoolies each year.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Couple Hit The Road When Their Kids Moved Out
They have a Murphy bed set up that doesn’t require removing sheets.
Oh, and they haul their Jeep on the back of the bus!
VIDEO: Skoolie Swarm Founders Short Bus Conversion
- Follow the Couple on Instagram
- Follow him on Instagram
- Follow Skoolie Swarm on Instagram
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours on YouTube
- Pro Ultimate Frisbee Player’s $13K Skoolie
- World Travelers’ Home Base Skoolie
- Retired Kaleidoscope Creators Choose Skoolie Life
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Bus Conversion | DIY | Video Tours | Van Life
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Incredible Micro House Built on Tiny Japanese Truck - June 9, 2023
- MoonPass Lookouts Stargazing Tiny House - June 9, 2023
- 19-Year-Old Builds Budget Box Truck Tiny Home - June 8, 2023
Really cute! There’s something about that shade of blue and wood tones. Makes me feel right at home. Lots of clever designs in this bus. Enjoy every minute of your travels!