While plenty of people living in skoolies go the DIY route, if pulling out the power tools isn’t in your wheelhouse, there are companies that do bus conversions! Paved to Pines is one such company.
Based in Canada, Paved to Pines was started by two college buddies who began by simply converting a bus for themselves. But now they have the experience to create builds for others, and do so for clients across Canada and the US. One of their most recent builds is the gorgeous watermelon-colored “Big Betty.”
Betty is a 37′ school bus ready for a family. It has two bunks, a separate Master bedroom, and a front lounge area that can turn into additional guest sleeping. This was designed for a client, but you can commission a similar build (or something custom!). Check out their FAQ page here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
They’ll Convert a Bus or Van for You!
Big Betty is light and airy with white walls and pine ceilings.
From couches to a guest bed!
A tiny wood-burning stove heats the bus.
There’s a microwave, oven and stovetop.
Composting toilet in the bathroom.
Subway tile shower. Looks great!
This is the most colorful roof deck I’ve seen!
VIDEO: Big Betty, a 4-Season, Off-Grid School Bus Conversion
– Lithium battery bank
– 3000 watt inverter
– 380 watts of solar
– DC/DC smart alternator charger
– Shore power
– Maxxair fans
– Convection microwave oven
– Sconce lighting
– Under cabinet LED lighting
– Reading lights
- Additional Systems
– Propane tank – Chassis mounted
– Truma Combi + hot water and heat system
– Haier washer/dryer combo
– Massive Kraus double sink
– Bathroom wash station
– Tiled shower
– Airhead composting toilet
– Norcold fridge and freezer
– Double daybed couches
– Cubic mini grizzly wood stove
– Tonnes of storage
– Upper and lower kitchen cabinetry
– Double bunk bed/reading nook
– Custom pine doors
– Pine T&G roof
– Rooftop rainbow deck and ladder
- Subscribe to Paved to Pines on YouTube
- Follow Paved to Pines on Instagram
- Paved to Pines Website
- “Big Betty” Details
- The BHive Family of 6 & Their Epic Skoolie
- Family’s 40-ft. Skoolie Turned Into Airbnb-Cottage
- Family’s DIY Mini Bus Conversion: Fern 2
Our big thanks to Paved in Pines for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Tattoo Artist’s Van Life Funded by Social Media - September 24, 2023
- Is This the Perfect Off-Grid Family Tiny Home? - September 23, 2023
- Home on Wheels: A Family’s 50-Day Transition to RV Living - September 23, 2023