Jannia and Korbyn “didn’t know nothing about nothing” when it came to building a school bus home, but when their globetrotting days came to a sudden halt in 2020, they decided it was time to check “bus life” off their bucket list.
The couple married in Thailand and spent five months in lockdown in Denmark (where Jannia’s family lives) and couldn’t go to Prague like they had planned. So they came to the U.S., bought a bus, and spent months making it into an artsy skoolie complete with two office spaces, a comfy bed, and a wet bathroom. Now that borders are open again, the couple travel wherever the wind takes them, knowing they have a home base in the States whenever they want to return. What do you think of their build?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Artistic Skoolie with Tetris-Inspired Couch
VIDEO: Newlywed’s DIY Artistic, Sleek Mid Size Bus
- This couple loved their globetrotting lifestyle
- Jannia is from Denmark, Korbyn from the US
- They were married in Thailand and then trapped in Denmark for 5 months in 2020
- Once they could leave, they came to the U.S.
- Decided to DIY a bus home
- Now they can travel the world, and come back to their bus!
- DIY composting toilet and shower with plenty of hot water for two back-to-back showers
- Two desk spaces for working at home
- Guy Meets Girl Gets a Skoolie!
- Empty Nester’s Little Homie Skoolie Conversion
- Bussy McBusFace: Couple’s Skoolie w/ DIY Mosaic Shower & Dutch Door
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Motorhomes | Bus Conversions | Conversions | Video Tour
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Incredible Micro House Built on Tiny Japanese Truck - June 9, 2023
- MoonPass Lookouts Stargazing Tiny House - June 9, 2023
- 19-Year-Old Builds Budget Box Truck Tiny Home - June 8, 2023
I’m impressed! This bus is very tastefully done with plenty of storage it seems and very practical desks for working or eating. It’s incredible that this couple started out knowing nothing — WOW! Very inspiring I must say!!!
Congratulations ladies… what a fantastic job you’ve done! This is by far, my favourite tiny house. I am so impressed with your ingenuity and sense of style. Everything has been so carefully thought out and executed. It all feels like a reflection of both of you. You should both be very proud of what you’ve accomplished!
great video tydeb
Beautiful job you both have done. It’s good you considered the weight issue when building Its important. I really like how you guys thought about wasted space very cool. I bet you both have learned so much now you are more confident because of it. Great job have a good time in Bali and can’t wait to see your videos of your travel around the US. Good times ahead of you both. Great you could find jobs that you can work from home. Safe travels Beautiful job.