While Hilary enjoyed her job in corporate marketing, she was wanting something more. When she suddenly started having anxiety attacks at her desk, she felt like her body was telling her it was time to take the leap and try out #vanlife!
So she and her dad found a 1996 Holiday Inn shuttle van and transformed it into her home on wheels — all on a budget. Hilary didn’t want to financially lock herself into the van lifestyle in case it didn’t pan out, so now she can travel and spend money on travels rather than her van.
She was able to get some freelancing gigs in her wheelhouse that she can do remotely in order to afford her travels, and works about 20 hours a week. Check out her video interview with Tiny Home Tours below and follow her on Instagram here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more
Working Remotely While Travelling with Her Cat!
This living area turns into her extra large bedroom at night.
She calls this her “Green Van” — you can see why.
VIDEO: Leaving Corporate America for Van Life
- 1999 Holiday Inn Shuttle bus
- Purchased for $6k
- Added $4k of renovations
- Dad helped her build it out
- Stove-top connected to 20 lb propane
- Pull-out bed with cushions
- No solar power
- She does remote freelance marketing work
- He Sold His House To Chase Van-Life with His Dogs
- Full-Time Stealthy Living in Tuscan-inspired Van
- They Bought A House, and Then Turned to VanLife
Our big thanks to Allison of Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- MyKabin Cascade Traditional Model: 340 Sq. Ft. - May 9, 2021
- 271-sq.-ft. Porto Model by Polish Tiny House Builder - May 8, 2021
- Dave’s Milk Barn Cabin In High Falls, New York - May 8, 2021