Some people may assume that #vanlifers are all college dropouts, wanderers, or folks who simply can’t afford a typical home, but Missy & Matt defy all the stereotypes! This couple got their bachelor’s degrees, got married, bought a house, and worked the typical 9-5 schedule.
But that life proved wholly unsatisfactory for them. They wanted to travel and see the world, so they rented out their house in January and bought this awesome 1992 Toyota Coaster (from Japan, with a right-hand steering wheel and Japanese instructions and everything!). Most of the interior is original to the Coaster, which actually makes it all the more special.
Enjoy the amazing video tour and interview by Tiny Home Tours below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
1992 Toyota Coaster (with Right-Hand Steering) Van Home
Here’s that infamous right-hand steering wheel.
This dinette becomes their bed at night.
They use this to cook (and a cooler to keep food cold).
They also don’t have running water.
VIDEO: Couple Downsized To A 1992 Toyota Bus Conversion
- 1992 Toyota Coaster
- From Japan
- The lounge in back turns into a bed
- Front couches become a twin-sized bed
- Composting toilet
- 6-gallon water tub
- Car charger (no solar)
- She Sold Her Home in Her 60s to Travel in A Van!
- Daughter & Dad Duo Create Her Awesome “College Dorm” Van Conversion
- Hand-crafted Camper Van Built on 1977 Tigoa
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- A Look Inside the History & Workings of Alternative Living Spaces - May 20, 2022
- Multi-functional Viking 1 Tiny House by Voyager Houses - May 20, 2022
- Hubble House by Voyager Houses - May 20, 2022