Jocelyn knew the cost of college housing is expensive, and after going down the campervan rabbit hole, she wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Although most parents of 20-year-olds might discourage a nomadic future, her dad supported her endeavor and the two of them converted a commercial van into her home on wheels!
He admitted the build-out would have gone faster (and better) had he just done the work himself (since he works in construction), but Jocelyn wanted to be a part of the entire process, and he agreed to learn to work with her. The end result is a home soaked in Jocelyn’s personality and a father’s love!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
#VanLife College Dormitory Alternative: DIY Build
A five gallon galvanized tub from Tractor Supply became her sink.
She covered a burlap sack in epoxy to create a custom counter!
The duo used reclaimed pallet wood wherever they could.
Here’s Jocelyn, getting comfortable with power tools!
VIDEO: 20 Year Old Builds Stealth DIY Camper Van
- Commercial van turned college dorm
- Jocelyn (age 20) and dad (construction worker) outfitted the van
- Lots of pallet wood and reclaimed materials in the van
- Hanging closet space
- Comfortable bed with garage space underneath
- Propane stove under cool burlap bag countertop
- Photographer Michelle’s West Coast Van Life in Carl
- He’s Been Living in His Rustic Cabin Van Conversion for 4 Years
- Roman & Ioana Travel Europe in Their 1990 VW Van
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Exploring Australia in Her Volkswagen High Top Transporter - January 28, 2023
- He Finished His $15K Tiny House w/ No Experience! - January 28, 2023
- $50,000 Tiny Home with Tall Loft - January 27, 2023