Meet Frye — he and his dog have been living in his Volkswagen Westfalia now for four years. He gutted the van and turned the interior into a rustic cabin, complete with unfinished wood floors and a cast iron wood stove.
Frye has mainly used his home on wheels to explore the woods of the West Coast, getting closer to nature and learning to become his own handy-man. He added a cool wooden roof extension to give about 10 feet of head space in the van, which really opens up the space.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Frye’s Van Life in the Woods with His Dog
From this angle you wouldn’t know this was even a van!
He cooks on the wood stove and has a 5 gallon water tank.
Solar power lets him charge his camera batteries.
What do you think of the roof addition?
VIDEO: Budget Micro Cabin in the Woods Van Conversion
- Volkswagen Westfalia Van
- Log cabin interior
- Cast iron wood-burning stove
- 5 gallon water tank
- Bed & couch that makes bed larger
- Loft storage
- Rooftop access via ladder
- Fridge console
- Emma Goes Everywhere in her 1997 Camper Van Conversion!
- Hand-crafted Camper Van Built on 1977 Tigoa
- Wander Woman Go and Her Sunny Yellow Van Kitchen!
Our big thanks to FLORB for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Renovated 5th Wheel RV: Interview with Caroline and Daniel - January 19, 2021
- Econodome Home Kits: A DIY Geometric Home Wonder You Can Build - January 18, 2021
- 28-ft. Bella Tiny House For Sale by Korallus Tiny Homes - January 18, 2021