Brandon and Sarah started their on-the-water life about four years ago, by completely renovating an old 225-square-foot houseboat they have moored in North Carolina. While they loved that first home, it was time for an upgrade! The maximum size they were allowed was a 360 square foot living space and 400 square feet of deck — so that’s what they did.
Now they have a bedroom with space to walk around the bed, a loft bedroom for guests, more counterspace, and a breathtaking two-basin copper sink! There’s even a 100-gallon stock tank bathtub in the bathroom where they can relax after a long day of work. Could you live on the water like this?
Don’t miss other amazing stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Living Year-Round in Their 360 Sq. Ft. Floating Home
They wanted more counterspace in their second build.
The bed looks like it’s floating, but it’s a clever illusion.
Now they have a bedroom loft for guests!
VIDEO: Tiny House Couple upsizes to DIY Floating Home & it’s cute!
- Brandon and Sarah had renovated their first floating home about four years ago, and while they loved it, they wanted to upgrade!
- The new house is 135 sq. ft. larger than their original 225 square foot build. They also have 400 feet of decking around the front and sides of the house.
- This design allowed them to have a loft bedroom for guests, as well as a first floor bedroom with room to walk around the bed.
- They upgraded the kitchen counterspace (more!) and added a stunning two-basin copper sink.
- In the bathroom, they have a large stock tank from Tractor Supply that they painted and turned into the bathtub.
- Subscribe to the couple’s YouTube Channel
- Their LinkTree
- Check out their first houseboat
- Subscribe to Tiny House Giant Journey
- They Rebuilt This Boat into a Tiny Floating Cottage
- They Built a Nordic House Boat Cabin in Stockholm
- Couple’s Off-Grid Floating Home Lifestyle in Florida
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- VanLab Releases Compact SUV Conversion Kit - March 2, 2024
- Woman Transforms Garage Into Her 450 Square Foot Home - March 2, 2024
- South Georgia 12×30 Cabin on Skids For Sale - March 2, 2024