This is the story of Pax, a tiny floating cottage restored and rebuilt by Jason and Cayley.
It was originally one of the twenty-five boats built in Victoria, Canada for Expo ’86. They were able to acquire the ship for under $6,000 since it was in need of a complete rebuild. The two, one being a professional carpenter and the other a shipwright were able to turn the unwanted barge into a beautiful floating cottage inspired by the tiny house movement. After, they lived happily in it for a time but are now parting ways with Pax and entering a new phase in life and so the floating home is on the market! Learn more below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
28-Foot Floating Home Custom Built by a Carpenter and Shipbuilder
Live the marina life at Sailor’s Cove in this incredible 28′ float home that has an open concept kitchen with a gas stove/oven, fridge/freezer, counter space, and a handmade curved cedar dinette.
The second-level sleeping area has an adjoining space to sit and relax. Inside take the steps up to your very own rooftop deck and take in the views. What do you think?
Video Tour of the Tiny House Boat with Exploring Alternatives
- Tiny float home
- Restored by Jason and Cayley (shipwright and carpenter)
- 30′ long
- 12.5′ wide
- 14′ ceilings on the main level
- Interconnecting loft spaces via catwalk with a ladder that leads to the rooftop deck
- Bathroom with a tiled livestock trough bathtub and Nature’s Head toilet
- Storage staircase
- Handmade curved cedar dinette
- Rooftop deck area
- Custom-built Fir and purpleheart door with portlight
- On the market in Esquimalt, British Columbia for $289,000
- Learn more below!
- Check out the real estate listing and learn more about buying this floating home!
- Watch this video on the Exploring Alternatives channel on YouTube!
- Follow Jason on Instagram here
Our big thanks to Exploring Alternatives for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses