Meet Jessy and her 1978 Dodge Commander, lovingly named “Mander.” She and Mander (along with her cat) have been on the road now for three wonderful years of travelling around the country!
She’s become her own mechanic for nearly everything her renovated campervan has needed in order to save money — and she only spent $1,900 when she bought the camper with 54,000 miles on it. She just recently updated the interior again, and it’s bright and modern with its popular grey and white hues.
The biggest interior upgrade was her bathroom, which now features a separate shower stall and area for her Nature’s Head composting toilet. The build is beautiful, and Jessy’s story is inspirational! She even wrote a book on how to get into vanlife, which you can buy here.
Check out the awesome tour and video interview with Tiny Home Tours below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Life on the Road in her Dodge Commander
Her interior space is clean and open!
Love how she made the cab special.
The table flips up for meals.
Here’s her shower stall.
And new toilet cubby over the wheel well.
Her queen-sized bedroom is surrounded by windows!
VIDEO: 3 Years Living in a $1,900 Renovated RV
- 1978 Dodge Commander
- Bought for $1,900
- Recently updated interior
- Recently did mechanical improvements
- Living on the road for 3 years
- She wrote a book on vanlife
- She offers coaching
- Nature’s Head composting toilet
- Queen-sized bed
- Kitchenette with everything but stove
- Flip up table and counters
- Finding Financial Freedom: Goodbye Mortgage, Hello RV Renovation!
- Photographer & Florist’s Clean & Bright RV Renovation
- Digital Marketer Celebrates One Year of RV Life with Two Cats
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Precious Cambridge Cottage: Little Home Living! - February 27, 2021
- Seaside Poet’s Hideaway Cottage in South Korea - February 27, 2021
- This Tiny House For Sale Has a Rock Climbing Wall! - February 26, 2021